Friday 4 March 2011

Busy Busy Busy

 
Sunset Sweetie Bracelet
My new month resolution to update this blog every week has fallen by the wayside again, apologies! I did have an excuse as I was flat on my back for a week with a really bad back - jewellery making is bad for your health! But since I have recovered I should have been back at the writing...Anyway, I have been very busy creating a variety of lovelies for various people and just for the pleasure of making things!
Fijian Dreams



I spent the day with my beady friend Jen (check out her lovely things -www.folksy.com/shops/JenB) and was inspired to try some new techniques, and also add to my growing collection of designs. I have since made a number of memory wire bracelets as you can see in the pictures... Then I spent another day (it was half term) with the lovely Rachel of Fleeces Pieces (look her up on Facebook - gorgeous) and whilst we didn't make anything, she inspired me to play around with semi precious stones and so the bracelets below were born...
 
  



After this excitement, I was asked to make a lot of earrings for my good friend Linnéa who was treating herself for her birthday. It challenged me quite a lot to make all the pairs to her specifications but I think I managed it!

Recently I've been completing items for a Scout fair on Sunday, so these will go up on Folksy if they don't sell next week! I am also moving back down to Hampshire to be an Assistant Houseparent at the school I worked at before so hopefully I'll get some time for some lovely beading there as well... On that note...I should probably pack!

   








No comments:

Post a Comment